Position: Public Health Nurse
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Renders professional nursing services in a variety of settings by collecting data; making nursing judgements; and planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing interventions for clients
- Assesses the needs of the community, monitors wellness and identifies health issues, provides direct and indirect nursing services, and coordinates care with the appropriate resources.
- Provides health and safety education to individuals, families, and groups within the community.
- Works well independently on individual assignments and cooperatively on team responsibilities.
- Participates in programs and grant-related activities as required, which may include vaccination services, well child and adult clinics, Children with Medical Handicaps Program, home visitations, school nursing support services, communicable disease investigations, childhood elevated lead investigations, emergency preparedness, and SIDS support.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite software competence (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new software applications as needed.
- RN with a current Ohio license required; a bachelor's degree (B.S.N.) from a four-year college/university is preferred, but will consider an RN with two to three years public health or related experience
- Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance are required.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send an email with the subject line “Public Health Nurse” stating their interest with an attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Friday, May 17, 2019.
For more information, please see the Public Health Nurse Position Posting.