Geauga Public Health continues to monitor COVID-19 consistent with guidance from the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This virus was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in December 2019.
Risk to the general public continues to increase as new cases are identified in Ohio, and the CDC recommends you use the same precautions you would take to prevent cold or flu:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover coughs/sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For more information, please call the ODH Coronavirus call center at 1-833-427-5634 (1-833-4-ASK-ODH).
For the most up to date information visit the following websites:
Ohio Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)